Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Platelet Rich Plasma

Several readers have asked about if PRP can treat Carpal Tunnel. To date, there has been no trial using PRP for this disorder. Carpal tunnel is a form of chronic tendonitis in a tight space that leads to nerve compression. Theoretically, PRP may be able to help. Further research both basic science and clinical trials are needed. Dequervain's Tenosynovitis is another form of chronic wrist tendonitis that has yet to be studied.

Keep checking this blog for the latest research on these important problems.

ApexPRP

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I'd like to volunteer my carpal tunnelized numb hand for a PRP clinical test. I've never been interested in surgery and going through Workers' Comp is even worse. Please contact me ASAP for a PRP clinical test. Thank you.

Debbie Mayer (650) 952-0333
deb@debbiemayer.com

Anonymous said...

I just had a PRP injection at another Dr. into the Carpal Tunnel. I'm going to try 2-3 more and, then 6 months later, have another EMG test. It's a pretty low risk experiment. If it works, great. If not, I'll try surgery then.

HalfDome.TV
Fitness/Sports Medicine Videos (4 million views)

Patient Application Form