A few years back I was very lucky and blessed to play poker with Steve Martin in Las Vegas with my friend Phil Hellmuth. The three of us also had a fantastic dinner discussion that has made an enduring impression on my life.
Mr. Martin is a superb writer, musician, actor, and producer. He also recently hosted the Saturday Night Live 40th reunion show and expertly managed the egos of dozens of elite stars from music, TV and the movies. We can all learn from his sublime approach to work and life.
7 Life Lessons from American icon Steve Martin
1. “Be so good, they can’t ignore you”
2. “It’s pain that changes our lives”
3. “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent”
From Born Standing Up, A Comic’s Life
4. “I thought yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life but it turns out today is.”
5. “I have found that-- just as in real life--imagination sometimes has to stand in for experience.”
From, An Object Of Beauty
6. “I just believe that the interesting time in a career is pre-success, what shaped things, how did you get to this point?”
7. “Were they beautiful? We were all beautiful. We were in our twenties.”
Thank you Mr. Martin for sharing your immense talent with the world. Please share his wisdom with your network.
Visit the site for more Steve Martin quotes